Volunteer State Bank has 11 branches in Sumner, Robertson, Rutherford and Williamson counties. Serving on the Board of Directors are Chairman Jeff Collins, VSB President Matt Ricker, Robert Bibb, Tim Ferguson, Retta Gardner, Luther McDaniel, Mike McDonald, W.E. (Buddy) Shaw and Toby Ellis.
Historical Time Line:
- 1972 – Businessman Larry Collins and local merchant Fred White shared a vision for another bank in the small but fast growing town of Portland.
- April 1974 – After soliciting stockholders and purchasing land at the corner of Broadway and Market Street, an application was filed to organize the Bank of Portland.
- January 17, 1977 – The first stockholders’ meeting was held. The Charter and by-laws were approved and Larry Collins, Fred White, Wayne Lamberth, Paul Freeman, T.W. Denton, Bob Culbreath and Norman Lane were elected as Directors.
- April 15, 1977 – The Bank of Portland opened for business.
- 1979 – John Garrott and Noel Martin were appointed to the Board of Directors.
- May 15, 1980 – Volunteer State Bank, a branch of the Bank of Portland, opened on Nashville Pike in Gallatin.
- July 1981 – Stockholders voted to change the name from Bank of Portland to Volunteer State Bank.
- January 1, 1982 – The Bank’s name change became effective.
- 1983 – Volunteer State Bank purchased the Bank of Hendersonville.
- 1986 – VSB expanded into Robertson County with the purchase of the Bank of Orlinda.
- 1987 – VSB opened the Springfield branch.
- 1996 – The White House branch was acquired from First Union.
- April 2004 - The Portland Branch of Volunteer State Bank relocated from its original location at the corner of Broadway and Market Street. The new 30,000 square foot building houses the main office, bookkeeping, loan department, and administrative offices.
- January 4, 2007 – The New Shackle Island Branch opened for business.
- April 4, 2008 – The Goodlettsville Branch celebrated its grand opening.
- May 2010 – The original Hendersonville Branch at Walton Ferry and West Main Street was relocated to its current location at the corner of Maple Drive and East Main Street.
- April 15, 2011 – Grand Opening of the Greensboro Village Branch, located across the street from Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin.
- August 2015 – The Nashville Loan Production Office was established.
- December 2015 – Construction began on the Murfreesboro Branch.
View Financial Information of Volunteer State Bank (FDIC #22451)